13.8.14

Lino printing workshop the other day..


At the beginning of the month I spent a happy day running a couple of lino printing workshops at Papervillage in Bristol - oh what fun was had!!

Several people signed up for both workshops and so spent an entire Sunday lino cutting, which is a feat of endurance for the most seasoned printmaker, and they barely paused for a cup of tea so dedicated were they!




But hey, they left with bundles of prints and as some claimed to be complete non-arty beginners I think they did so well, many fine artworks completed.


What I always love is how unlike my work the work produced on courses I teach is!


Look at all the zingy colours...   makes me think I should try out something that isn't black... the image above worked brilliantly as a block for rolling 3 different colours onto one block - no aligning or registration needed here!




In the morning we did mostly one colour prints (to get everyone started as it was a complete beginners course and you really need to play about a little to find out what the tools do and how to ink up and how different papers can print) - in the afternoon everyone could go in a different direction, some choosing to do multiple blocks, one brave person went straight for a reduction print and others played around with multi-coloured inking to get the results they were after...phew.






3 comments:

Greenorchid said...

Fantastic... wish I lived closer to have joined in the fun!!

June said...

Great looking prints. I feel inspired to get out my old lino cutting tools :)

Melanie Wickham said...

Thanks for your comments! Lino printing is very satisfying, give it a try...you really should get out your tools if you have some June!!