27.10.12

Woodland Quilts v. Scientific Quilts



This debate rages in our house!

Birthdays this year were deemed to be 'bedspread birthdays', but not everyone appreciates the delicate birds nest/oak leaf designs from Holly on Spoonflower so thank goodness for the single bed sized Periodic Table.

I like them both because the designs are so great that sewing in a straight line for a couple of hours results in a fantastic bedspread, with minimal effort from me, perfect! (Please don't comment re: the fact that the sewing lines illustrated aren't actually straight, thanks)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

gosh I see what you mean about that fabric of E's bedspread - it's beautiful! x

Rainbow Vintage Home said...

I love a handmade bedspread, and those fabrics are really beautiful. But I can see that little boys might prefer the periodic table - and it's educational too! And no we won't mention the wonky stitching, I don't know how anyone keeps their stitching perfectly straight - what are they, robots?! x

Keith said...

I am loving the periodic table quilt. Educational AND snuggly.

Unknown said...

Wow what fab fabric - who cares about wonky stitches. No one in my house - they think it is normal!

Gill said...

I like the periodic table fabric! My son is in his first year of a chemistry degree and he would love this!

Ashley cramp said...

Wow! birds nest and leaves for me, just beautiful...stitches what stitches?
Daisy J

the linen cloud said...

Love both of your quilts ... although I understand the boys loving the periodic table one ... fab fabric ... wonky stitching ... where ... we are not machines :) ... Bee xx