30.6.11

bloomin' bloomin'


The flowers at the allotment are looking many times better than those in the garden, probably due to being just left to get on with it instead of constant fussing and watching for those in the garden (well that and a lack of foraging poultry which the garden is now filled with).

This is a very good thing as I imagine that passers by will find their eyes drawn to the glorious blooms rather than the very spiky weeds that I'm too scared to tackle (this is probably wishful thinking as most seasoned vegetable growers have weed detecting radar and several of my allotment neighbours spend all day, everyday mooching about on their plots...)



We've also been making good use of our 'Cobb' oven now that the days are warmer and lighter and having a hot, filling lunch/dinner after a day of thistle menacing is proving vital.  You are meant to be able to roast a whole chicken in one, although we haven't tried that yet, but we did cook some of our christmas dinner in it last year...

2 comments:

The Pea Pod said...

The flowers are beautiful and I like the sound of the 'Cobb' oven. I'll have to Google it and find out more...

trish said...

Funny, I also have more flowers at my allotment than in my garden! I have lots of thistles at my allotment too, gosh they hurt don't they!x