14.4.11

favourite pictures

Have you ever seen the images that Edward Bawden created for the London Underground?  They are fantastic and we have a few prints of them around the house.  This is my favourite...


but there are lovely ones for London's Parks and Gardens as well - what a great advertising campaign.

In holiday news we are mostly eating!  It's nearly 10.30 in the morning, so breakfast is a distant memory for some and a feast of bagels and quails eggs is now being demolished.  Only a couple of hours 'til lunch when another vast spread will be needed...I expect we can fit snacks in around all these meals too.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Had not seen it before, Look's great. I will defiantly look them up and show them to my girls!

Keith said...

All those English transport posters are brilliant. If I had a time machine it going back and nicking a load while they were still new would be high on the list.

Melanie Wickham said...

oh,yes, get a couple for me too please - Bristol Museum & Art Gallery had the artwork for 'Kew Gardens' on display a year or two ago and it was beautiful and also suprisingly big.